The Shield Conservatory roof was introduced to the market in 2001, exclusively to fabricators of Synseal PVCu window profiles.
Within 9 months not only had the complete conservatory concept attracted in excess of 90% penetration with Synseal profile customer base, but was also attracting window fabricators using competitor profile systems to change to the Shield system.
Advantages of a Shield Roof System
- The Shield system has many advantages over rival offerings; the use of turnbuckles to join the roof to the window profile is not only a time saver for installers but also a design feature that ensures water ingress is reduced to a minimum.
- Shield is a ground up engineered product. This means that unlike rival offerings the window profile and roof are designed to seamlessly match each other. All sightlines and trim designs ensure a beautiful finished product from any angle. You wouldn’t buy a car where two different manufacturers made a half…so why buy a roof system made by different manufacturers?
- Shield is at the forefront of thermal efficiency and accreditation. Shield generates a U value of 1.2 making it a competitive thermally efficient system in the market and is fully accredited having BS12608 certification. All Shield systems are certified under ISO9001 quality standards and IS14001 Environmental Management Systems.
- The Shield system has been designed to accept new Synseal innovations.
- All Shield systems perform exceptionally well in flammability testing. In a typical domestic fire the occupants are likely to suffer from the inhalation effects from burning carpets, settees, curtains etc. before the PVCu in the roof trims has even begun to emit smoke or fumes.